Meurisse Chocolate - Papua New Guinea
Dark chocolate from Papua New Guinea. The intensity of the Trinitario cacao beans cultivated alongside the majestic Sepic river reveals notes of both fresh and dried fruit.
- 73% cacao
- Organic/BIO, Fairtrade & Vegan
- Ingredients: cocoa mass, cane sugar, cocoa butter & natural vanilla powder. That's it!
Meurisse chocolate since 1845
Meurisse is the oldest Belgian chocolate and has always put progress at the core of its endeavours. They created many famous chocolate brands before the first world war, which were immensely popular throughout the 20t century: many of us still remember the first chocolate bar in Belgium launched in 1904. Others indulged endlessly in a fondant chocolate with praline filling, invented in 1954.
Today, the sixth generation down the line is bringing back the eponymous Meurisse brand, with respect to its rich heritage, simultaneously embracing the future in line with Meurisse’s progressive and innovative DNA. Dedicated to craft remarkable chocolate, single origin chocolate and carefully sourced ingredients from certified organic agriculture are used.
Meurisse is striving to create a positive social and environmental impact for all Meurisse stakeholders. Their commitments for the future of chocolate:
1. Achieve a living income for the cacao farmers
2. Eliminating child labour in the cacao farms
3. Promote sustainable agriculture
4. Only the best ingredients
5. Minimise the environmental impact