Labienhecha Recycled Leather Bag Milagros - Black
Milagros is all about versatility. She is always ready to adapt herself to your style. You choose: shoulder bag, belt bag or handbag, all in one! With three different compartments and two internal pockets, you can organize her as you want. She comes with a 120cm cord, you can buy the belt seperately.
PLEASE MIND: model is wearing different colour.
- 20 cm x 15,5 cm x 8 cm
- Finished and painted edges for a greater protection
- Two internal pockets
- Three compartments
- Zip fastener (Very soft YKK model with hand made recycled leather handle)
- One cord included (120 cm), belt NOT included
Behind Labienhecha, you'll find a team of women making (well-made) things in a small workshop in Málaga and working around three fundamental principles: making a quality, local and ecological good; raising awareness about sustainability and, on the other hand, empowering women in entrepreneurship and in life, in general. We LOVE this story about girlpower. It truly fits HOST, so happy to have this brand in store!
ABOUT THE MATERIAL
- Is it plastic? Does it contain plastic? No, Labienhecha hates plastic! They don’t use any of it in the production.
- Is it animal leather? Yes, recycled leather comes solely and exclusively from bovine leather.
- How is it made? Recycling anything implies a regeneration process. When recycling paper, carton, plastic or cotton, they must undergo an industrial process. It’s the same for our recycled leather: bovine leather is regenerated and transformed into a new material.
- Does it contain anything else than animal leather? Yes, both finish and mass contain natural latex. Natural latex comes from rubber tree sap (Hevea Brasiliensis). It’s a hypoallergenic and breathable material and, unlike synthetic one, it’s not derived from oil, whose main components are butadiene and styrene (brrr).
- Is it easy to care and maintain? Yes, it’s easy to clean it and much more hardwearing than original leather. For example: meteorological phenomenon like rain or sun doesn’t affect it and it doesn’t get scratched in excess, unlike original leather.
We strongly believe that recycling is the future and it is one of the keys to save our planet. That is why we choose a recycled material like our eco-leather, which, in addition, has the appearance, feel and scent of natural leather. This is due to the fact that theses materials are treated with the same processes as in tanneries and they are produced using the same equipment and methods used with the genuine leather.
In order to manufacture our recycled leather, our local provider uses bovine-type fibers that come from the tanning process. That is to say, when the skins are divided to equal or reduce their thickness. In short, the material comes from the waste that has so far been burned through a highly polluting industrial process. Therefore, we believe that we are making this waste valuable again and turning something so negative of this industry into something positive.
To make the new material, these fibers are combined only with natural latex (never plastic) in an unique eco machinery. As a result, our products get softness, smoothness and the most select leather’s scent.
Oh! We almost forgot it: Our reliable local provider of recycled leather is also MADE IN SPAIN ;)